Monday, July 5, 2010

A Missed-educated Fan: The Title of This Blog

I won't lie a part of me (the blogger) might be jumping on the Lauryn Hill bandwagon since she stated in an interview with NPR "...I think it's just time." Of course this is not her first attempt at returning back to the music scene, but me (the fan who appreciates Lauryn Hill) wants to believe that there is some conviction in her statement this time around. The influence that Lauryn and her music has on fans is undeniable. Rocking out to "Every Ghetto, Every City" in my car with my 7-year old son is one of the highlights of my week. And trust me, this has nothing to do with my son's mamma being a budding poet and his daddy being an underground hip hop artist. Lauryn mentioned in the NPR article that she could be somewhat infectious - she knows the value and affect her music has on her fans. We've missed and yearned for your type of passion Lauryn - women who think outside of the status quo and the skin they are in. I'm tired (with red eyes) of the media miseducating hip hop fans about what a lady who will devastate a mic should look like. This is the beginning of my blog and I hope that it ends with Lauryn Hill fans feeling full & satisfied. I hope Lauryn Hill can stay full & satisfied.

0 comments:

Post a Comment